9.18.2009

Approaching Season: Autumn

I am shocked at how quickly autumn is coming our way.  It seems like just yesterday I was sweltering in the Georgia heat thinking about how far away it was. Now, I am just sweltering in the Georgia heat thinking about how quickly it came.

But seriously, it is starting to cool down here (by Georgia standards - my mountain bones still think it's hot), and I am starting to get more whiffs of the crisp fall air.


Fall is by far my favorite time of year - I love curling up with a cup of tea in front of a crackling fire with a set of knitting needles and yarn. And I love wearing sweaters, scarves, hats and mittens.

My list of must knits for this fall include:
  • lots of mittens - fingerless and otherwise
Druid Mittens, Vogue Knitting, Fall 2008
  • cute cardigans
Cropped Cardigan by Stefanie Japel
  • And definitely some lace shawls
Ishbel by Ysolda Teague

Got any specific projects planned for this wonderful, gorgeous season?

3 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, those gloves are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer!!
    Gorgeous work...
    I love fingerless mittens for winter :)

    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer!!
    Gorgeous work...
    I love fingerless mittens for winter :)

    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete