7.27.2010

life's a little more simple here

Well, we're back in Athens and getting settled in. I'm mentally preparing myself to start back up to work on Monday (yuck - where has this summer gone??!), and Jake's hopped back on the job search train. Our trip was amazing - I'd never been to Vermont, so it was really fun to explore. Vermont is so different - hardly any big box stores (we only saw one wal-mart), lots of local restaurants as opposed to chain and fast food, and in almost every restaurant we ate, we found fresh, local ingredients. A bumper sticker we saw summed it up quite nicely: "Vermont - life's a little more simple here".

And the scenery....well, let's just say I could easily move there next week. It's just beautiful.


We enjoyed a week of relaxing, hiking and exploring the state. We took a day trip down to see the Green Mountain Spinnery - it was so cool!


We stopped by a wildflower farm - it was just amazing! So quiet, peaceful and beautiful.



We took a gondela ride up to the top of the mountain so that we could hike down and enjoy the beautiful scenery surrounding us - it was truly breathtaking.


And we took a day trip to Burlington, which is now my favorite town.


You can see the rest of my pictures on my flickr page!

As far as my knitting is going, I have a fun and exciting project that's going to be revealed in the next few days, so make sure to check back! I have lots of other things I'm working on that aren't ready to be talked about here yet, so there's plenty more to come!



1 comment:

  1. I love blog stalking you plus I love everything I have ever heard of VT, it's top on my places to visit soo you can imagine how happy this entry made me :)

    ReplyDelete