12.07.2010

12 Days of Cooking: day 2 - Gingerbread

This was my first time making gingerbread - and let me tell you....it was incredible! There are few things I love more than the smell of fresh ginger, and this bread really mixed the ingredients together so that the spices and molasses really came together and made for an incredible, dense bread (although I'd call it cake - it's not really a bread). It would go really well warm paired with some vanilla ice cream or yogurt, or baked into cupcakes with some cream cheese frosting.



I used this recipe, and I'd definitely recommend it - I didn't change a thing!

Next, I'll be making Oatmeal Pumpkin Seed Bread (it sounds so good!) and Black Bean and Rice Soup.

On a side note, we've had some snow here -



not a whole lot, but it's allowed me to have the past 2 days off of work (yay!!), so I've been able to do some Christmas knitting and gift making. I can't show much here on the blog until after Christmas - don't want to risk anyone seeing their gift early!! - but I can show some little sneak peaks!







0 comments:

Post a Comment