2.26.2012

Sweater Number Three!

I can't believe it's not even March 1st yet, and I'm sharing my third completed sweater for the year. It's okay for you to be surprised, too - I'm not quite sure how it happened.

This cropped cardigan was a quick little knit. I'm not totally sure how in love with it I am yet - it has an inch or two of positive ease, and I don't know how flattering I find that on me. But the more I see the photos, the more I like it. And the buttons? Oh, the buttons make the whole thing! I purchased them here - you may recognize some of his other buttons from a twelve days of knitmas post


The yarn I will probably never use again for a sweater - I used Stitch Nation's Full O' Sheep, which is affordable for sure, but not super soft, and kinda fuzzy. I've used it once before for felting, and it works great for that. I've got a skein left over, and I'm planning to use it on a pair of felted slipper socks. It's an understatement to say I love this color.


The pattern was great - Brigid Jacket from Vintage Modern Knits. The only modification I made was the number of stitches I picked up for the collar. The amount the pattern said to pick up was very small, and was impossible to do without leaving gaps and looking very stretched, so I ended up with 92 - which I think is about 40 more than the pattern called for. It looks much better.

I've already cast on for sweater number four - a simple, stockinette pullover.


Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

  1. 3 sweaters in less than 3 months is amazing. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable! I have a thing for cropped cardigans with 3/4 sleeves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse (aka SplitStitch)2/27/12, 9:58 AM

    That's incredible, good for you!  You probably won't even need to do the baby knits to reach the 12 in 12! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're churning out some great sweaters!  I think both the color and length are a refreshing change from the winter norm - to me anyway. 

    ReplyDelete