5.08.2012

Oh, hello there

Life has been... happening. I've been struggling to find a sense of normalcy since my grandmother passed away, and it's been hard. Really hard. But I'm determined to make it happen. My knitting has definitely slowed, but I've managed to finish a couple of projects. My fifth sweater of the year is done, and isn't my favorite. I ended up reading the pattern wrong, so it's tiny. It's still wearable, but I don't love it. I may end up sending it to my niece. 


I also finished a blanket for my wonderful friends who got married last weekend. I was their MOH and Jake was the Best Man, so it's an understatement to say we that we love them.



This is the first project where I've dyed all the yarn, and I really like how it turned out.

Also, look how gorgeous the bride is!!


There will be more knitting in the near future - school is out in just a couple of weeks and I'll have more free time to continue on my quest for 12 sweaters in 12 months. I've also got some exciting news, but I'll save that for next time (curious?)....

2 comments:

  1. Jesse (SplitStitch)5/9/12, 9:57 AM

    Yep, very curious!  The bride is beautiful, and so are you, and so is your blanket and sweater. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to your news. When my father passed away, it was hard to regain a sense of balance in my life. But it'll come to you. It's just a new balance. 

    ReplyDelete