10.20.2009

fall weekend get-away

This past weekend, Jake and I went up to Asheville, NC to spend an evening with my parents.  It's always such a nice place to go - somewhere that helps me feel like I'm at home again.  I miss those mountains so much - especially this time of year.  We decided to take the long way home, and got to spend some time driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The color was amazing, and we got a little something that we weren't expecting -- SNOW! The higher in elevation we climbed on the parkway, the more snow there was on the trees.  It was incredible to see the snow on top of the gorgeous fall leaf colors.  I'll stop rambling on about it now and share some pictures with you.  Enjoy!!






If you ever get the chance to visit Asheville during Autumn - do it! It's lovely all year, but Autumn makes everything just a little more magical!

Bookmark and Share

1 comment: