10.13.2010

Beautiful Dawn

The leaves are slowly turning here in Asheville and fall is definitely in the air! We went hiking on Sunday and enjoyed a nice drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway, taking in all the sights, sounds and smells of Autumn. And, of course, with Autumn comes....


Wooly worms!! Ahh, I love these guys. Near Boone, where I went to college, every year there is a wooly worm festival - it's so awesome. People bring a furry little worm and they have races, and the winner is used to help predict winter. They were out in full force during our hike, so I had to snap a few pictures - they're just so cute! The scenery around here is just amazing - I'd almost forgotten how beautiful it is in the mountains....


The weather is starting to get chilly, the colors are rapidly changing, and life is good.

I've got a new pattern available! A few months ago, I picked up a gorgeous skein of thick and thin yarn from Maya at SpringtreeRoad. I have a thing with thick and thin yarn - it's just simply beautiful. I love the way it looks. But what do you do with it? It creates such an interesting fabric when knitted up, I just knew it needed to be turned into something beautiful. So, here's what I came up with....




I absolutely love it! The cable is beautiful and runs the entire length of the neckwarmer. The texture is amazing - and the versatility of it even better. The buttons are placed so that it can be worn multiple ways, and because of the fabric of the thick & thin, there's no need to make button holes! It's available on Ravelry and Etsy, and you can find plenty of yummy thick and thin yarn in Maya's shop!

5 comments:

  1. The neckwarmer is beautiful. I love the texture and buttons! and that worm's pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to find the yarn as in the pattern. I want to make one with the thick and thin. Where can I get some of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous unfortunately Maya's not spinning any yarn at the moment, but there are plenty of sellers on etsy who sell handspun bulky thick and thin. Here's a great one - beautiful colors, reasonably priced, even shipping from Israel. http://www.etsy.com/shop/WoolyRhinoceros?ref=pr_shop

    Hope that helps you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @JenniferHey thanks, too bad... I have found some others and hope to recreate the look so prized by some soul child in me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous unfortunately Maya's not spinning any yarn at the moment, but there are plenty of sellers on etsy who sell handspun bulky thick and thin. Here's a great one - beautiful colors, reasonably priced, even shipping from Israel. http://www.etsy.com/shop/WoolyRhinoceros?ref=pr_shop

    Hope that helps you!

    ReplyDelete