11.26.2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I hope everyone here in the US had a wonderful Thanksgiving - I know I did! I'm very thankful for each and every one of you that read my little blog. It means more than you'll ever know!

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I'm in full Christmas knitting mode. It's going to be a push to finish it all, but I'm holding out hope that I can pull it off. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you probably know that the past couple of years we haven't been able to pull off a Christmas tree because when you live in a 500 square foot apartment apparently you don't have a lot of room. Who knew? But now that we've purchased our first house, we have plenty of room for a tree - AND an amazing mantle to decorate! We are fortunate to live in an area where there are an abundance of Christmas tree farms, so this past Sunday, we drove out to one of the local farms, picked a tree, and spent the day listening to Christmas music (Mariah Carey Christmas, anyone??) and decorating! 


I've spent some time the past few weeks making all the trees and glittering the deer, and I'm totally in love with the mantle. I can't decide which tree is my favorite - it's a tight race between the blue felt circle one and the twine & lace one - but I love them all and can't wait to use them for years to come.




I spray painted some twigs I found in the yard, and they add the perfect "snowy" touch!


I love this reflection of the lights on the tree. And if you look closely out the window, you can see the buildings of downtown Asheville!

And it wouldn't be a post without some photos of the tree! 


This Oregon ornament is so special to both of us - the time we spent there was magical, and this is the first ornament we bought as a couple. I love decorating the tree with ornaments that tell a story. We each have ornaments that are special to us from our individual childhoods, plus ornaments that we've collected over the years together. I so look forward to adding more and more ornaments as the years go on.




Are you doing handmade gifts this year? I'm excited to finish some of my gifts so that I can share them here with you - it's definitely The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

1 comment:

  1. I looove your handmade trees - I'm totally going to try something similar! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete