Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful time ringing in 2013 - I know I did! 2012 was a fairly good year - we bought our first house, celebrated 3 years of marriage, and started to feel like "real" grownups. I'm looking forward to 2013 - I turn 30, I'm hoping for a career change (more on that later), and think we'll start to feel even more grown up - I think this year's going to be big for that!
As I reflect back on the past year and everything that's happened, I thought it would be fun to take a look at my projects from 2012. I missed my goal of 12 sweaters by just two - which I'm really proud of. When I set a goal of 12 sweaters in a year, I thought it was doable - and I still think it is. From about May - September I didn't do much knitting due to moving into the house, and dealing with the death of my grandmother. For some reason, that made me loose my knitting motivation. So I'm happy with 10. Other than sweaters, I didn't make too much else. Some of the things below I haven't blogged about yet, and I still have another sweater that's a gift that I don't have pictured because I haven't given it yet.
It's so fun to see everything in one place - really makes me happy to know I created so many things this year.
This year, I've come up with some knitting goals I'd like to accomplish. I've decided to keep my goals simple and not put a whole lot of pressure on myself this year.
- No new yarn (unless I run out mid-project, or we go on vacation and I get souvenir yarn)
- No purchasing any new patterns! This is, of course, a little flexible. But I really need to use what I already have - a plethora of books & PDFs.
- Focus on one skein projects. I have so many single skeins that I need to use up!
- Be more confident. This goes for knitting in general and in my own designs. I have at least 3 original patterns that need to be finished and written up - I just need to have confidence in them and get them out.
- More lace. I didn't knit much lace this year and I really miss it!
That's really about it for me. I plan on just enjoying the year and am very excited to see what it has in store for me!