1.07.2013

New Year, New Hat

A few days before Christmas, Jake and I got all dressed up and went to see the Ballet Conservatory of Asheville's production of The Nutcracker. It was, of course, wonderful. However, while we were out walking around downtown before and after the show, I kept feeling kinda silly wearing a beanie with my fancy lace dress and high heels. So, I decided that my first project of the new year would be a new, more "grown up" hat.

I finished yesterday, and I love it! 


I never thought I'd be much of a beret gal, but it really is a gorgeous hat. The pattern is Brambles Beret from the book Vintage Modern Knits. This is the second thing I've made from this book, and I could see myself knitting many others. It's definitely one of my favorite book purchases to date!


I used less than a skein of Malabrigo worsted in Periwinkle from my stash, and I couldn't be happier with the color. It's bright & cheery, and oh so soft and warm.



How wonderful is that crown design? 2013 knitting projects are off to a great start!

1 comment: