3.06.2013

Snow Day

It's been over 2 years since Asheville had a snow that was over 2 inches. 2 years, guys. To say I've been craving snow is an understatement. And let's talk about the meteorologists around here. They sure know how to get my hopes up. Back in late October/early November, there was a 100% chance of a good 4 or 5 inches of snow. It didn't even flurry. So I've learned to tune them out, and have tried to accept that I no longer live in a snowy, mountain town. 


But it looks like last night and today will break our snow drought. It was so nice to wake up to a snow covered ground, snowy trees, and flakes falling from the sky. It's no secret that I'm a homebody, so I was more than happy to crawl back in to bed for a couple of extra hours of sleep, and I plan on staying in my long johns all day, curled up under a quilt, with knitting in my lap. For those of you getting the brunt of this winter storm (my in-laws could get up to 2 feet in Virginia!), please stay warm and safe, and I hope you're enjoying a snow day yourself.





1 comment:

  1. Homebody buddy here. You and I are living the same day today. I am still in PJs, and have had yellow knitting in my hands most of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete