5.26.2013

Spring KAL Wrap Up

This project really almost got the best of me. I got busy, so it took me way too long to finish, I ran out of yarn (in a discontinued color, at that), and looked like it was going to be too small. Thank goodness for blocking. I'm really glad I stuck it out and finished it, because it will definitely be one of my favorite tops this summer.


I added pockets, which are totally not functional because I didn't have enough yarn (see a theme here?), but they add a fun pop of color to the body.


And since I ran out of yarn, I didn't get to make the body as long as I originally wanted. But all in all, I really love this top. I'm even thinking about making another one with lace weight yarn (but I'll make sure I have enough yarn before I start...).


This was a fun KAL! Thanks to Shannon for hosting, and all the wonderful ladies I got to meet and talk with over in the KAL thread on Ravelry. Now I'm in search of a new project to start - any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. I love the colours and the addition of the pockets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Candace! The pockets were definitely a fun addition!

      Delete
  2. looks so great!! the fit is fantastic! well done! xo ooOO well the summer sweater kal will be starting in just a few weeks!! you should join in! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I can't wait for the summer sweater KAL - already have my pattern picked out!

      Delete
  3. This top is definitely on my summer list of knits & seeing your version has me even more excited to cast on!

    ReplyDelete