12.28.2013

And That's a Wrap

This one's been a long time coming - according to my ravelry page, I started this in March! I know it sat idle for about 6 months, so don't take my timeline as any indication of the pattern's level of difficulty. Once you get into it, the lace is very intuitive and easy to memorize. 


I was pretty lax with Christmas knitting this year. My mom asked for a pair of tall boot socks, which I started, but haven't finished yet, so they will be more of a New Year's gift than a Christmas gift. This shawl was the only thing I finished, and I'm ok with that. Between starting a new job and Thanksgiving being later this year, Christmas really sneaked up on me, and I found myself unprepared. So the fact that I finished anything is pretty impressive.


But I digress. I love this wrap. I'm so happy with how it turned out, and really hope that my sister gets some use out of it in the warmer months. I used some Knit Picks Gloss Lace that I think is about 4 years old, so it was nice to get it out of my stash. The color is really gorgeous - a bright yellow that's perfect for Spring & Summer, and it doesn't hurt that yellow is her favorite color.


I knitted the diamond variation of the Cold Mountain pattern, and loved how easily I was able to memorize the lace pattern. That really helps when knitting lace, because, to me, it seems to make it go by faster. 


Finishing this wrap has really got me itching to knit some more lace. I tend to forget how beautiful the finished projects are, even though they may be tedious at times - it's all worth it once you pull up those blocking pins and marvel in the delicate gorgeousness of the lace.


Who knows, maybe I'll strive to knit more lace in 2014?

I hope you all have a wonderful new year - I'm not a huge fan of the actual midnight celebration, but I love the idea of a fresh, clean new year. One full of hope & opportunity! Here's to a great New Year!



1 comment:

  1. This is a truly lovely gift for your sister. One of my goals this year is to knit one lace shawl. I've never knit a "real" shawl, so I'm looking forward to the challenge. Happy new year to you, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete