1.05.2014

Hello, 2014!

Here we are - 5 days in to the new year. I've had some time to reflect on the past year and all that happened. It was sort of a weird year for me. I spent most of it working a job that was miserable, and which really had an effect on my health, although I didn't realize how much until I was no longer working there. So, needless to say, I'm looking forward to 2014 and all the hope it brings. 

I love the new year for that - it's a clean slate of sorts. A time to set new goals and to figure out how to achieve them. And while I've long since stopped making a list of resolutions (because if you want to change something major about your life, why wait until the new year?), I have set a few goals for myself - things I'd like to try to do. More than likely, my day to day life will continue on as normal, but I'd like to be more present in those moments. Not so distracted with everything going on around me. Since I started my new job, I've been trying to do this more. I finally feel content in almost every aspect of my life, and I want to enjoy every moment of that, because I know it's not always going to be that way.


As far as knitting goals (since this is a knitting blog and all...), I have made a few of those, too. I decided to try something new for my 2014 projects. Basically, I've made a list of everything I want to knit this year, and I'm going to do my best to stick to it - I tend to get distracted by new patterns (which isn't a bad thing - there are a couple of newer patterns on my list!), but this year I'd like to also knit things I've wanted to knit for years. I've also got a pile of unfinished projects that are on that list, and I'd really like to get those checked off. I'd also like to stick to my stash - I did a pretty good job doing that this past year and I'd like to keep it up. I've got plenty to work with, as you will see when I finally get around to blogging about my new yarn shelves.


I hope you all had a fun, safe new year celebration! We rang it in at The Avett Brother concert (above photo is from just after midnight), and what a way to ring in 2014!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post, Jen. I like your idea of knitting patterns that you've coveted for a long time rather than be distracted by shiny new things. I completely agree! Looking forward to seeing your stash turn into FOs.

    ReplyDelete