1.25.2014

On The Needles

As I look to the year ahead, I've been thinking about this blog and what it means to me. For the last year or so, it's mainly been a place where I've shared finished projects, and not a whole lot more. I'm ready for that to change - I love this little space, and I love looking back and re-reading posts from years past. So I've decided to branch out and share more. I'll be posting more work in process posts, posts about my life, and some Asheville-related posts. I've started making a list of things I want to post about, and I think that will help me when I feel like I don't have much to say. So start looking for more to come out of this little ole blog.

My first project for the year is coming along wonderfully! I decided to start off big in 2014 by making my first dress. In reality, this isn't much different than making a sweater, because this dress is knit from worsted weight, and it doesn't have sleeves. So when I say dress, take that with a grain of salt.

Amherst is one of those patterns that I saw and immediately knew I had to make it. It's 100% my style, and I know I'll have a hard time not wearing it every day. I'm knitting it up in a gorgeous color of Ella Rae Worsted that I got on mega-sale when my favorite local yarn store closed (sad!). I got an unopened bag of 10 skeins for $40. I'll have plenty leftover to make another sweater, and maybe even an accessory or two, which is great, as this is definitely a color I don't mind filling my wardrobe with.


Unfortunately, every time I've tried to take photos, it's been dusk outside, so the camera hasn't captured the color perfectly yet, but you can get the idea - it's more golden, and less green than the photos show. It really reminds me of that gorgeous time right before dusk, where the sun turns everything a beautiful shade of gold - I call it "the golden hour". These photos also aren't the most current. I'm currently working the top cabled section on the back and am getting close to bind off, block and seam! Fingers crossed that this will happen this weekend, and I'll have a new dress to keep me warm next week.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment