4.14.2013

Annis

I finished and blocked my Annis shawl today, and am excited to cast on something new, which is a great sign that things are coming around for me on the knitting front.

I bought this yarn about 4 years ago when I was first getting into knitting lace, and before I figured out that super variegated yarn isn't really my thing. I was a little concerned while knitting this that pooling was going to be a problem, but as I was pinning it down for blocking, I was very happy to see that the pooling wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be.


This was a fun little pattern - and I still can't believe how much it grew! I was worried about it being too small the entire time I was working on it, but it's the perfect size for wrapping up in. I made this for my brother in law's wedding at the beginning of May - it just happened to match my bridesmaid dress perfectly!



You can see the pooling better in these photos, but when it's on it's not as bad. 


I made a few mods to give mine a little more size. After all the short rows were finished, I knitted about 20 rows so that my shawl would have more depth, and then 2 rows before I bound off, I did a row of YO, k2tog to try and prevent any curling. I really like the way the eyelets look at the top of the shawl.




It's amazing how refreshed I feel after finishing a project. I'm ready and excited to cast on for something new - or maybe even finish up a few lingering works in progress before the spring KAL starts! How's your spring knitting going?

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! You make me want to knit shawls. I really like your eyelets as a decorative way o keep the edge from curling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I'd love to see you knit a shawl - this one is particularly lightweight and airy. The laceweight yarn and bigger needles really made a great spring/summer fabric.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Stunning. I especially love that first picture where it looks so gossamer-like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassy! I'm particularly fond of that photo, too. I think it's because it really accents how light and airy the shawl is.

      Delete