7.02.2013

Winner!

Remember me talking about participating in Shannon's Spring KAL?  Well, not only did I get to interact with a bunch of great knitters, and finish a cute top, BUT I also won the grand prize that goes along with the KAL!  As someone who doesn't really win things a whole lot, I was ecstatic.  Not just because I won, but I really won a mother-load of a awesome prizes.  For weeks, I've been receiving emails with PDF patterns and gift certificates for yarn.  I've already put the gift certificates to use, and yesterday my first bundle arrived!


Well, actually the Knitbot book came last week. But still. My yarn from Sweet Fiber came! I am so very in love with this yarn already, and I haven't even knitted with it. It's so incredibly soft, and the colors are wonderful.  These are both Cashmerino sock in Moss and Spanish Coin. I'm noticing that I'm starting to gravitate towards fall colors already, which may be a little premature, but I can see these becoming a super squishy pair of fall socks, although I'm not totally sure what they'll become yet.


The Knitbot essentials book is wonderful! The photos are so light and pretty, and even though I already own a couple of the patterns in PDF form, it's nice to have them all in one sweet little book.

In other news, I've been working on a perfectly summer cardigan, and it's coming along nicely.  I'm hoping I'll finish it in the next couple of weeks - it'll be perfect for our cool summer evenings here in the mountains. The colors remind me of sherbert, and although they may be a bit unexpected, I think they work really well together. I can tell it's going to fit wonderfully!




I can't believe it's already July - summer is in full swing! 


{this drink. it was insanely delicious. homemade raspberry lemonade mixed with pomegranate carbonated water, topped with fresh raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. I think I'm going to pour myself another glass!}
 
How's your summer knitting going?

0 comments:

Post a Comment