9.19.2013

I Should've Known Better

Well, it's becoming glaringly obvious that I'm not going to finish my sweater before the SSKAL deadline. I'm ok with that, really.

I have, however, run into a problem. I needed to get another skein of yarn since I decided to add 5 inches to the length. I figured I would get it from the yarn store where I bought the other skeins, but they were out of the color I needed, so I had to order it. I purchased the original yarn about 2 years ago, but I didn't think there would be a huge issue with the color because it's such a large company. Well, (as the title of this post indicates...) I should've known better. The skein that came in is much darker, and is heathered more with brown than yellow, like the original skeins. 


It's not as obvious in this photo as it is in real life, and sometimes it doesn't look too much different, depending on what room of the house I'm in. I guess the real test will be knitting with it in the same garment as the original skeins. I'm not willing to rip out the entire back to alternate this skein in the whole way, so I'll probably just do it with what I have left, which is about half of the back.

Even with the mismatched skeins, I know I'm going to love this sweater, whenever I find some time to finish it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment