10.01.2013

Socktober

My favorite month is here. October is hands-down the best, in my book. The leaves start changing color, the air gets really crisp and cool, and at the end of the month I celebrate my birthday (although this year I turn 30... I'm not too excited about this birthday!).

Even though this is generally my busiest time of year with work, cross country, and school, I've decided to help celebrate October and my birthday by celebrating Socktober! I was inspired by this post on Cassy's blog. I don't know if I'll actually finish a pair of socks, but I'm going to try (let's not talk about how I'm still working on my sweater for the summer sweater KAL...). I figure what better way to celebrate my favorite month than knitting myself a new pair of socks for my favorite season - just in time for my birthday!

I'm still deciding on a pattern, but I'm looking to use something I already have in my library, which narrows it down to something from Knit.Sock.Love or Country Weekend Socks. I've also got quite a few skeins of sock yarn to choose from. 4 of these I won from participating in the Spring KAL. I'm leaning towards one of the Sweet Fiber skeins, which are the second and third ones from the top.


But it's so hard to pick just one!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, you have lovely material to work with. I love so many of the socks in Knit.Sock.Love. Whatever I cast on this month has to take less brain power for me, because I have too many projects going on. I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete